You, the Wonder of One: Your Resilient Leadership Challenge
This challenge guides you on your journey to make the difference in our world that only you can make, by exploring the wonder of your potential.
Only you, the Wonder of One.
What is the purpose or intention that inspires and challenges you right now? Your journey towards this purpose or intention will move through five phases, as you realise your full potential to make a difference:
1. An initial phase when you are in some way held back from moving towards your purpose or intention. You sense a gap in your usual method of achieving goals, which is holding you back from this one. Searching to bridge this gap leads you into a journey to realise your own potential as a resilient leader of change.
2. A phase of opening into your journey to realise this potential. You think you can achieve this alone.
3. A more severe state of being held back, as your self-limiting beliefs and habits (such as giving your power to others) threaten to undermine your journey. You become more aware of their power to derail your journey, if you allow them to. And you discover one or more companions – a person, a book or other new knowledge or technique – to support your journey.
4. A phase where, although your self-limiting beliefs and other habits are still dominant, you have realised some of your power as a resilient leader of change. This becomes a challenging struggle, when conflict between your power as a resilient leader of change and your self-limiting beliefs and habits is at its most extreme. Here, as your goal calls, you face the greatest risk of not achieving your purpose or intention as a resilient leader of change. Your companion(s) is your greatest ally.
5. The last phase is a time of opening out into your full purpose or intention. You have let go your self-limiting beliefs and habits to become the truly resilient leader of the change that you have been seeking; their grip is finally broken. You have bridged the gap to achieve a rich and fulfilling daily life, as the resilient leader whom you must be for your purpose or intention to succeed.
Please click here to contact founder and mentor of the Resilient Leadership Framework, Wendy Campbell to find out more. My fellow mentors and I look forward to co-creating your journey towards your purpose or intention alongside you.
©2018 Wendy Campbell
This Challenge has been adapted by Wendy Campbell from the book The Seven Basic Plots: Why We Tell Stories. Wendy extends her deepest thanks to the author of the book, Christopher Booker.